Monday, May 16, 2011

May Days


At the moment I have one of those never-ending to do lists, and updating the blog keeps slipping to the bottom. Two novels to write, and when I'm not doing that, I'm busy working with fantastic web designer, Katie, on my new website. I promise that should appear any minute now. And when it does, obviously, I will be a reformed blogger. Possibly ...

In the meantime, I'd love to hear what you like to see in an author website? Do you have any websites you love that represent everything that's right? Do let me know, so I can make sure the website offers all the right elements!

3 Comments:

Blogger Captain Black said...

I think the most important thing about an author web site, is that it's kept up to date. Most of the ones I visit are not! I do find it a bit frustrating to go to a favourite author's site, to see what they're working on and when their next book is due, only to find that the "news" section is months or even years old.

12:29 pm  
Anonymous Adrienne said...

Well, I got here having initially tried your website, which I hope will be up again soon...

At the weekend I found an ARC of Soul Beach in a charity shop, and I finished it today. I'm rather older than a "young" adult but nonetheless enjoyed it greatly. I couldn't help noticing a few (minor) things that will doubtless be corrected before it's published, but there's one that you might want to be sure is corrected as the wrong name is used! It's at the bottom of page 360 of the ARC (last sentence of chapter 56)- the person who announces they are looking for "X" is another character all together from the name given.

5:39 pm  
Blogger Kate Harrison said...

Hi Captain and Adrienne,
Captain, thanks for that - my reason for switching is partly to try to keep it more up to date than it has been, as the content management system was broken on my old one!

Adrienne, thanks for taking the trouble to track me down - and well spotted on the wrong name. I think I have a case of name blindness sometimes... you're right, the errors should all have been corrected (and there are even a few extra plot references) in the finished edition. But yes, that's quite a significant error!!! Thnks for pointing it out. All the best, Kate xxx

9:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home