Sunday, February 28, 2010

Photos of the Day 54-59: or not...

This last week I've been in the UK, and I've realised that I don't much like taking photos of grey stuff. And it was very grey while I was in London. I haven't fallen out of love with the place, exactly, but the colours of Barcelona are very seductive and so I failed to take a single photo. But if I had, they'd have been of:

Monday: The star-studded Orion Author party at the Royal Opera House (and my tarmac studded knees after I tripped on the way to the Tube, i.e. before a single drop of champagne had passed my lips)
Tuesday: The Kew Eco Village, which I spotted from the top deck of the bus. This shot was taken last summer, but when I saw it, it looked really cold and wet and they must be very dedicated to keep going through what must be the worst winter in decades.
Wednesday: The new train line from Shepherd's Bush - I'm not a trainspotter, honest, but I do wish that had existed when I lived there. It's all new and shiny, not like the old Bush at all.
Thursday: My luggage, containing new pink mac from Uniqlo (hurry up and open in Barcelona, please); a bottle of chilli relish; 1.2kg of Davidstow Cheddar cheese, and the Wii Fit Balance Board.

Friday: Menu del dia at El Atril - yes, seems like I lost the habit of taking photos even now I'm back so I'm using the one from their website.
Saturday: apple crumble as served by our friends for pudding. Oh, and me trying out The Biggest Loser for the first time (the events are unconnected, or maybe not). Ye gods, how red was I by the end of my Wood Chops!
Sunday: balconies as viewed while drinking coffee in the Paseig Del Born - it's great to be back...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Love the balconies, the building is gorgeous!!! Amazing pictures!

3:59 pm  
Blogger Rachel Cotterill said...

Everything is rather grey at the moment...

I just got the Wii balance board, now I'm trying to do yoga every day, and loving it (so far!)

5:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home