Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Photos of the Day 32 & 33

Sunday was rainy, so I am cheating with extra photos from today and yesterday. My Monday Mission was to go and find a recommended wool shop in Gracia, Llanes Travessera. I did find it, though I am still pretty boggled by what yarn is suitable for what project, and my Catalan is not up to the job of asking. Reminds me a bit of when I discovered gardening and was utterly muddled by mulch.

Anyway, it was a very sunny day, if cold, so I took a walk back and stumbled upon the Sagrada Familia. Haven't been up in that direction for ages and it just appeared, and reminded me how lucky we are to be here.
As well as discovering the yarn shop, I went into Lidl, and had a good gawp at mysterious brands. I haven't had much luck finding growing herbs here in the supermarket, but there by the check out was a big pot of basil, and it's now happily installed by our sunniest window. I just love the scent...
Today's two pictures are of my latest projects - MP3 socks. The lovely tutor at my final amigurumi class suggested making them - all around me, the other women were making gorgeous tiny rabbits and dogs, while I made an over-sized orange, and I think we can safely say that I don't have a great future as an amigurumi-ist. But I have rather enjoyed making these two iPod cosies - and, like I've said before, I cannot get over how much I adore multi-coloured wool. It makes me feel all warm inside.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I love the little cases! They are super cute!!! I also love the photo!!! How beautiful of a picture is that?!

6:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home