Thursday, January 21, 2010

Photos of the Day 19, 20, 21: climate change

The weather was seriously cloudy and grey at the start of the week, and the city is so much less photogenic then! Which is why I have resorted...eek...to a cat picture. I maintain, however, that the image is really a craft picture, as it shows what you can do with the random crocheted bits that didn't quite work (in this case, bunny ears belonging to an amigurumi that wasn't right).
The soup picture is also weather-related - I'm doing that whole January thing of trying to shift the extra pounds, so this yummy soup (the roasted method, with a bit more pepper, and some fresh tomatoes instead of canned) is perfect when it's chilly outside. And eating soup and writing is pretty much all I did that day.
And then this morning the sun came out again and I got two VERY nice Bicings on my way to and from the gym. As a rule, the higher the number, the better the bike. Bicing is an amazingly good system where you buy a year's membership card and can then use bikes that are stationed all over the city and then anchor them again at another station, without having to worry about your precious bike being stolen or vandalised. The downside is that sometimes it seems like two-thirds of the bikes are knackered - if it's not the tyres, it's the brakes, the steering, the gears or sometimes all four. But today it was like cycling on air. So, thank you, number 19411, for a delightful ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debs said...

Your soup sounds tasty. I haven't even started on the diet thing yet for January. I think I'm a little behind my schedule for 'things to do'.

7:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home