Saturday, January 02, 2010

Photo of the Day 2

I was never what you'd call a runner, even as a child. In fact, all PE activities gave me the heebie-jeebies. I even used to beg my mum to write me sick notes and as she was a nurse, she'd add in various medical terms to justify my laziness. I don't think the teacher believed them...

But over the last year or so, I've become a bit of a convert to the old jogging. It's mainly thanks to Robert Ullrey's fabulous podcasts, which I've blogged about before. They take you from sitting on the couch to running 5K in nine weeks. It's not entirely effortless, but it is very motivating to listen to the tapes. I did it last year, but mainly in the gym. This time round, I'm running out of doors, as the weather is better here in Spain. It's MUCH harder than on a treadmill, but more satisfying.

So, this morning I reached the week 6, run 3 stage, which involved running for 25 minutes without stopping. This, I'm pretty sure, is the furthest I have ever run out of doors and I'm pretty chuffed. So I thought I'd photograph my battered Asics trainers, as I couldn't have done it without 'em.
PS: I know it's time for new ones. I have bought a lovely shiny pair but it's still muddy in the park so they'll have to wait for sunnier weather.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ChrisH said...

I run in Asics too and love them... although I need a bright shiny new pair too.

I know its a bit of a faff when you first start running but it's wonderful when you're used to it - I really think it helps keep me sane now (hmmm!).

2:25 pm  
Blogger Captain Black said...

Running has kept me sane over the last three years too. Double hmmm. I also lost 22 kg in the process.

6:44 pm  
Blogger Amanda Mann said...

Well done Kate! I'm getting back into it as well, the walking just wasn't doing enough.

4:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home