Thursday, October 29, 2009

Where did the time go? (en welkom op mijn Nederlandse lezers)


Veronica, Jojo, Sue, Matt, Me at Guildford Festival


Bless me, dear blog-readers, for it's been six weeks since my last blog post. And I have probably sinned a lot. Though in truth it's hard to remember quite what I've been up to. I know that I had another book published (The Secret Shopper Unwrapped), ate and drank rather too much to celebrate its birth, went to the marvellous Mostly Books in Abingdon to talk vampires vs nice guys (a very lovely event indeed!), gave a workshop about writing romantic comedy with the wonderful Matt Dunn at the always fabulous Guildford Book Festival, followed by a talk with fellow New Romantics and dazzlingly glam writers Veronica Henry and Jojo Moyes (see picture above, with birthday girl Sue Locke in the centre ), caught up with some lovely friends, and a whole lot I have almost certainly forgotten...

The Secret Shopper's Revenge has also been published in Holland, which is a big deal for me, as I spent three years in the Netherlands as a child. I adore the cover (and her eyes are exactly the same colour as mine, weird!)... though I am confused about the title, Koopwoede. I think it means Shopping Spree, but I'm not 100 per cent certain, despite Google Translate: it's quite sad, actually, as further evidence of how poor my memory is, because I went to school in Holland and once spoke the language fluently.

Maybe it's time for me to learn it again, although as I am currently learning Spanish from scratch, that seems a high risk strategy. Anyway, if you're reading this from Holland (and particularly if you're near Rijswijk or Nieuwkoop, where we lived), then HALLO!


So, what next? Well, the 'director's cut' of Old School Ties is out in two weeks, and I'd love to know what you think. I will post soon about the process of rewriting my first book. I've also embarked on Secret Shopper 3 (haven't chosen a title yet), due for publication in early 2011 (oh, I do hope I don't jinx my progress by mentioning it...).
I will try to be back soon, but if you've read this blog a few times, you know what I am like... However, I'll be hosting the very, very talented Cally Taylor, author of Heaven Can Wait, on her extensive blog tour very soon, and if you're craving other stuff, try my Read Like a Writer Blog for a new post by another tremendous debut novelist, Jessica Ruston.

All that's left to say for now, then, is... tot ziens!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Just finished secret shopper 2 (loved it!) and was so hoping there would be a number 3.

x

6:54 pm  
Blogger Calistro said...

I LOVE the Dutch cover of your book. It makes me grin.

Secret Shopper 2 is currently sitting in my 'to be read as soon as I've finished editing novel 2' pile (along with two books by Mr Dunn and Lucy Diamond's new one).

Looking forward to visiting your blog next month. Now all I need to do is write the guest post...

8:51 pm  
Blogger Crane said...

I love the 2nd book to your Secret Shopper series! :) The book even inspired me to be a secret shopper now in my country! I learned alot of tips on secret shopping & now all my friends are reading the series. I can't wait for the 3rd book to be published.

7:49 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Good to see you back. I agree with the other comments the covers look amazing! Kate x

2:55 pm  
Anonymous Leah said...

I like the novel “Old School Ties” and I found it poignant .I just want to point out that you offended me p.85 line 24 since I am from Beirut. You have no idea how polite and classy we are, and we are people who live in cooperation in a rich culture. Frankly, there is more swearing in your book then we have here. I loved the book and I will buy all your new books since I like your style. Finally, we are not asking for adulation but please do not criticize and stereotype Beirut. I know you didn’t intend to insult anyone but I just wanted to state an opinion. You are an awesome writer and thanks for your inspiring work!
Sincerely yours
Leah

5:23 pm  
Blogger 黃立行Paul said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:55 am  
Blogger 日月神教-向左使 said...

走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,聊天室

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home