Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Chuffed to little mintballs...

What a lovely day! Thrilled to receive a phone call from my editor this morning to say The Secret Shopper's Revenge has been short-listed for the Melissa Nathan Award for Comedy Romance.

Melissa was a very talented author of five novels combining love and laughter, including The Nanny and The Waitress. She died in 2006 of breast cancer, aged only thirty-seven, and one of her wishes was for an award to be set up for books which celebrate humour and love. I am so honoured to be on the list, especially as the other novels sound terrific. The winner of the award in 2007, its first year, was Marian Keyes and last year it was Lisa Jewell - both authors whose novels I love - so I am sure you can understand why I'm so excited to be nominated. 

The details of the short-listed books are below, but there's lots more to read on the award website, including the work of the Melissa Nathan Foundation.
 
The six short-listed books and authors are:

Bridesmaids by Jane Costello. Pocket Books

Recipe For Disaster by Miriam Morrison. Arrow

A Winter's Tale by Trisha Ashley. Avon

The Marriage Bureau For Rich People by Farahad Zama. Abacus

The Importance Of Being Emma by Juliet Archer. ChocLit

The Secret Shopper's Revenge by Kate Harrison. Orion

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger L-Plate Author said...

Oh, I'm chuffed to little mintballs for you, Kate. Well done, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as the winner!

x

6:55 pm  
Blogger Tam said...

How very, very exciting! Well done and fingers crossed!

7:43 pm  
Anonymous chicklitreviews said...

Good luck!

9:21 pm  
Blogger JJ Beattie said...

I saw it over at Facebook, but still a huge congrats to you. It's so exciting and I will have everything crossed for you. JJx

2:01 am  
Blogger liz fenwick said...

Kate I was thrilled for you when i received an email on the short list!!!
lx

6:06 am  
Blogger ChrisH said...

Congratulations and good luck. Well done!

10:15 am  
Blogger Calistro said...

OOoooh! Many, many congrats. I'd LOVE to get shortlisted for that award. Brilliant! Well done. Keeping everything crossed xx

6:46 pm  
Blogger cmshevlin said...

Congratulations!

Well deserved too - my sister got me "The Secret Shopper's Revenge" for Christmas and it was a highly enjoyable read.

Good luck.

1:46 am  
Blogger Chicklit Addict said...

Secret Shopper's revenge is the clear winner in that list!

Congrats and I hope you deservedly win!

2:30 pm  
Blogger Beleaguered Author said...

That's wonderful, well done! It's a funny old feedback-free life sometimes, being an author, so it's nice when stuff like this comes through.

1:46 pm  
Blogger Fiona Robyn said...

Yay!

1:45 pm  
Blogger Jane said...

Congratulations. I have read half of the books on the list and I enjoyed your novel the most.

2:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home