Saturday, February 14, 2009

More excuses...


OK, so the usual excuses follow: I was teaching a terrific group of very talented sixth-formers in deepest, snowiest Derbyshire, I was dealing with impending life change, I was celebrating a birthday, I was appearing in the Mail on Sunday's YOU magazine (see here: though after the birthday and snow, I am weighing a little more than I do in that picture).  

I also played a small role in rescuing an absolutely adorable cat. How could anyone abandon this terrific boy? He was so affectionate and also starving hungry when we encountered him, having been hanging round in middle of nowhere, trying to find shelter from the freezing weather. 

He'd obviously once been a house cat - I have no idea how anyone could abandon their pet, it makes me very angry. Was so tempted to take him home with us, but the Cat in Residence would not have been pleased, having had life her own sweet way for fourteen years...

Then there's writing the book. And I've also been very busy with a Top Secret Project. Which won't be very top secret once I post my next blog post. Would love to know what you think of the project (and the cat!).

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger liz fenwick said...

Beautiful cat! Can't wait to hear the news :-)

lx

3:37 pm  
Blogger JJ said...

Where did the cat go, Kate? I understand Cat in Residence wouldn't have him, but what happened?

You look fabulous in that photo. I really must get my lazy backside in gear.

4:10 pm  
Blogger Mummy said...

Beautiful moggy and fantastic article too...may have to look out for that diet plan. Being veggie I struggle to lose weight, heaven knows I need to!

Can't wait to hear about your new project!

8:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home