Monday, May 14, 2007

Story Time!

Frail book, although there's room for you to stay
Snug on my bookshelves, you'd rather fly away
To the bookshops and be published
Martial, AD C.40-C.104

Well, the book has now been spotted in Waterstones in Richmond-upon-Thames, and in a couple of Borders stores and by Kate Hardy in Norwich Smiths...Yippee. Official Big Publication Day is Wednesday.

About two-thirds of the copies out there have the fluffy cloud covers, and a third don't - there's a good reason for this - to do with how long it takes to make them fluffy - but of course, all the words inside are exactly the same! Thanks to everyone for the encouraging comments: am moving from PPT (Pre Pub Tension) towards PWE (Publication Week Euphoria)...

Even though I have my work cut out finishing edits AND writing a new book by the end of the year, I am very tempted by Script Frenzy, which is the drama/screen-writing equivalent of the National Novel in a Month program. And this BBC Radio Drama/Script Factory scheme also looks like a great opportunity: have been working on an idea over the weekend.

We have another new racer: welcome, Chris. See, it's never too late to join up...

Oh, and also, the fantastic people behind the Pure Passion campaign in North West Libraries would love people to go to their site and post their favourite romantic reads and also comment on the titles they've picked (including one of mine!) - it's a really eclectic and fun selection but there aren't too many titles there yet so, go on, add your suggestions!

8 Comments:

Blogger ChrisH said...

Thanks very much for the welcome and for adding me to the racers. It's just the motivation I need right now.

2:48 pm  
Blogger ChrisH said...

Ps Is there a quick way to add the list of novel racers to my blog or do I have to add them individually?

3:14 pm  
Blogger Jane Henry said...

Oh many many congrats Kate! Can't wait to read it.

Am soo tempted by the Script Factory thing as well as I'd love to have a go at scripts... have a totally mad idea in my head at the moment.

But... 2-5 on a Thursday afternoon. Who'd have the children????? They're normally at tennis for two hours...

I wish I had a magic wand for these occasions.

I might enter anyway for the fun of it...

7:36 pm  
Blogger Lucy Diamond said...

Yay, congrats! I have just ordered it from Amazon, but they're saying they won't be able to deliver it until the end of June which is weird - I hope it's a mistake, I can't wait that long!!
Happy Publication Day for tomorrow.

1:22 pm  
Blogger Eden said...

Just found your blog and enjoying it.

2:13 pm  
Blogger liz fenwick said...

Had a quick look for it in the airport as I left but it wasn't there yet. Will pick it up when I'm home :-)

8:45 am  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Happy Publication Day!! Hope it goes really well.

11:57 am  
Blogger Jane Henry said...

woohoo! Just bought your book...

Can't wait to read it, Kate.

5:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home