Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bircher Muesli Joy

Word Count: 85,068

Much chirpier as we head towards the end of the week, though I still know that the WIP is in need of serious editing. I am also failing to email anyone until the end of the week so apologies if you're waiting to hear from me. It'll get better as soon as I have typed The End. Still hoping I may do this by midnight on March 31st, but my stories have a habit of going on a bit longer than expected, especially in the first draft.

I am also currently fuelled by Bircher Muesli. This has always been a favourite breakfast of mine when staying at nice hotels but I had assumed it involved some kind of fearfully tricky cookery techniques. But it doesn't: it's just oats soaked overnight in about half the amount of apple juice, plus some dried fruit (I have been snipping dried figs in there), a few seeds or, I guess, anything else you want to add (choc chips? M&Ms?). Serve with yogurt and maybe grated apple or a few raspberries.

Wow.

Back tomorrow for coffee break.

1 Comments:

Blogger liz fenwick said...

Kate you ewill win the race hands down :-) Had hope to give a run for your money but holidays tripped me up.......not that I'm compmalining. Hopefully a dose of the Florida sun will recharge the batteries.

9:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home