Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Novel Race update: The Friday Coffee Break

Right, have been walking round the park in the rain and giving some thought to how we racers can keep each other 'on track' - and I thought a way of doing it might be to host a Friday 'coffee break' where we all check in and say how we've done this week, celebrate triumphs, ask for help with problems we might be having with block etc, and so on. It also allows people who aren't regular bloggers to participate online without having to faff with HTML.

Initially I will 'host' this, starting this Friday, but I am very happy to hand over the baton on a weekly basis. I'd suggest that we do it through the comments OR you can email me direct and I will post this by 4pm on Fridays. I will also use this slot to introduce new racers.

So, for this Friday, it'd be great if the current racers can either email me a brief summary of their work-in-progress, overall objectives etc OR can simply add it to the comments when the Coffee Break appears in the afternoon.

All suggestions for improving this idea are very welcome!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

Sounds like a terrific idea!

We won't mention that, instead of writing, I've spent half the morning tidying up so that I could actually post a pic of my desk will we?

You're bounding ahead, well done!!

12:47 pm  
Blogger Lucy Diamond said...

I agree - great idea. My desk is a complete tip. I might do a 'Before and After'...

1:09 pm  
Blogger Caroline said...

Great idea.
Perhaps I should post a photo of what my desk really looks like!

2:09 pm  
Blogger sheepish said...

What a great idea, you will let me join in won't you?????

3:27 pm  
Blogger The Moon Topples said...

Kate: So, if the coffee break begins at 4, that 10am to me. Ususally sound asleep, but I suppose I can locate an alarm and join in.

So far, I'm very glad I nosed my way into your little community.

4:46 pm  
Blogger liz fenwick said...

Sounds great.

BTW congrats on moving up the chart :-)

9:55 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Hello everyone,
Glad you like the idea!

Moon Topples, yes it'll be at 10am your time, we can experiment with times to see if we can make it more transatlantically friendly...

And Sheepish, I promise to add you very soon, once I have a long stretch at the computer.

Kate x

12:35 pm  
Blogger The Moon Topples said...

Kate: I have just learned that Friday morning shall be the first morning in eight months on which I am reqiured to work somewhere other than my home. So I imagine I'll have a cup of coffee at around 10, and beam you all some positive vibes, but be unable to participate in "real time."

3:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home