Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Chapter Two

Word Count:2,916

It's not flowing so well this morning, not sure why. I am getting hung up on good writing, finely turned sentences and so on, whereas I should really be ploughing ahead. There's also the whole question of backstory: how much do I need to intrigue and make readers empathise, without overloading them?

I know what I've written this morning is Clunk Central, but my new strategy is to edit the next morning, before beginning my new words. This seems to be a technique many authors use, and I guess it does give you a head start in the morning, especially if you've left lots of glitches the previous night - so you get the satisfaction of putting things right, followed by some free flowing words.

We shall see. Off to do some of my play-writing course now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home