Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Chapter One (well, that's two words taken care of)

Word Count: 1953 of 100,000

Currently reading: Emotional Rollercoaster by Claudia Hammond

Actually, by the time I've written the three-word title (still top secret), and the words 'By Kate Harrison, first draft, January 2007), that's 12 words taken care of. I like this bit - the shimmering possibility of the next book, the journey of discovery I am embarking on with my new, mysterious characters.

Usually it takes about 3 days for this to wear off, but thanks to the Race, I hope to sustain this a little longer. Wish me luck.

Lovely Link of the Day:
It was Anne Lamott (check out that hair) who first coined the term 'shitty first draft' in her seminal Bird by Bird, and that, ladies and gents, is what we're aiming at here: she explains it very well in this PDF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home