Temporary return to normality…
So, now I can do Other Things and I feel slightly at a loss. Other Things done so far:
- Taking cat to vet for her jabs where I was told she’s OBESE! No! Will post a pic if I can and then you can judge for yourself. There - is that a fat cat? Just a touch of Middle-Aged Spread, maybe...
Who are you calling fat, Mr Tubby Vet?
-Sending an official letter of complaint to rubbishy Hillarys Blinds who won’t reply to my emails asking for my money back.
- Buying ingredients for Malay Veg Pickle.
- Trying to find out whether I can get clearance to use the 99 Red Balloons lyric without it costing me an arm and a leg.
- Getting man in to build our cupboards in the bedroom.
- Going clothes shopping in my favourite boutique aka Sainsbury’s. I think I’ve posted before on how much I love clothes buying in supermarkets. I especially love Sainsbury because they do short-arse trousers which means they fit me off the hanger rather than messing with needles, thread, that stupid glue you get that’s meant to hem things but is more faff than it’s worth. Today I bought a lovely soft brown pair which fit like a dream, plus another smarter grey pair and a brown/white t-shirt. Brown is the new black for me since I’ve gone back to brunette-dom, and I am v. pleased with my purchases.
- Beginning to study A176, Start Writing Plays, with the Open University. Tutors get a free course and I loved the look of this one. So far (one whole mini module) it’s very interesting: where else do you read MacBeth and Edward Bond’s Saved (eeeek! Baby battered to death – very horrible) in one afternoon?
Not bad, actually, considering I only finished edits on Saturday. And a good set of distractions while I wait for the Verdict.
Lovely Link of the Day:
They’re all coming out of the woodwork, these agents. Here’s another American blog, where they’re taking more of an ‘essay’ approach which is interesting. Check out the chick lit discussion.