Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday Blues

Word Count on New Idea 1: 5,447

Busy weekend of DIYing and also doing some moderation work on the final stage of the Open University Creative Writing course. All top secret etc (not the DIY, of course, that involved filling in holes, messing with radiators and hanging pictures) but time-consuming. Plus giving the boyf's five-year-old nephew a VERY nifty Top Secret Spy kit which I enjoyed as much as him, if not more so. The version I remember from being a kid had a pin for writing messages, but I guess that's banned on health and safety grounds now.

In Domestic Goddess news, I made my fave Damp Lemon and Almond Cake from Nigella's book, and it was wondrous as usual (no photos but it's round, and orangey-brown on top and very yellow in the centre). Very cheering indeed and it gets better the longer you leave it. Not that I hold out much hope of it lasting longer than 24 hours.

Back to the work grindstone today (not that the weekend felt very relaxing), and I have been working on Chapter 3 of new idea...not quite sure whether to leave it at Chapter 3 and then start the next new idea, or whether to crack on with this. Hoping to chat to my editor at some point soon to see if she likes any of my ideas. I am biased and love all my 'babies.' Well, until I am commissioned to write one of them when, curiously, my enthusiasm goes into reverse.

And I am now filling in and photocopying a pile of different forms relating to my short contract teaching creative writing. I might need a slice of cake to keep me going...

Lovely Link of the Day:
It's the kind of weather which means silly jokes are needed, like these from Caroline Smailes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

I can't claim the jokes as my own - people keep on emailing them to me to cheer me up!
Thanks so much for the link. I am filling out an application form to teach Creative Writing at the OU. I currently teach a different course - so fingers criss crossed, but I don't hold much hope.
Anyway - thank you.
Cx

2:14 pm  
Blogger Ces said...

Another writerly blog - wonderful. Caroline, yes, she brings out the best in everyone.

7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home