Monday, October 30, 2006

Temporary return to normality…

So, now I can do Other Things and I feel slightly at a loss. Other Things done so far:

- Taking cat to vet for her jabs where I was told she’s OBESE! No! Will post a pic if I can and then you can judge for yourself. There - is that a fat cat? Just a touch of Middle-Aged Spread, maybe...

Who are you calling fat, Mr Tubby Vet?

-Sending an official letter of complaint to rubbishy Hillarys Blinds who won’t reply to my emails asking for my money back.
- Buying ingredients for Malay Veg Pickle.
- Trying to find out whether I can get clearance to use the 99 Red Balloons lyric without it costing me an arm and a leg.
- Getting man in to build our cupboards in the bedroom.
- Going clothes shopping in my favourite boutique aka Sainsbury’s. I think I’ve posted before on how much I love clothes buying in supermarkets. I especially love Sainsbury because they do short-arse trousers which means they fit me off the hanger rather than messing with needles, thread, that stupid glue you get that’s meant to hem things but is more faff than it’s worth. Today I bought a lovely soft brown pair which fit like a dream, plus another smarter grey pair and a brown/white t-shirt. Brown is the new black for me since I’ve gone back to brunette-dom, and I am v. pleased with my purchases.
- Beginning to study A176, Start Writing Plays, with the Open University. Tutors get a free course and I loved the look of this one. So far (one whole mini module) it’s very interesting: where else do you read MacBeth and Edward Bond’s Saved (eeeek! Baby battered to death – very horrible) in one afternoon?

Not bad, actually, considering I only finished edits on Saturday. And a good set of distractions while I wait for the Verdict.

Lovely Link of the Day:
They’re all coming out of the woodwork, these agents. Here’s another American blog, where they’re taking more of an ‘essay’ approach which is interesting. Check out the chick lit discussion.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cat doesn't look fat to me. She's lovely!

And I hear you re. waiting for verdicts on books... Just got thumbs up from agent on mine, now waiting anxiously on editor's verdict.

Love

Wendy

6:48 pm  
Blogger Sue aka MsCreativity said...

I agree, your cat's lovely - definitely not obese, but contented.

Best wishes for the Verdict.

11:57 am  
Anonymous Jacqui Lofthouse said...

Hello Kate, Did you know, I played the woman with the baby in 'Saved', years ago, in Bristol. Very disturbing, yes. Things you never knew about your friends...

Jacqui

11:01 pm  
Blogger Kate.Kingsley said...

Hi Kate,

A cheeky request, but any chance of posting the recipe for Malay veg pickle? Sound delish.....

And your cat is curvy, not obese!

12:42 pm  
Blogger Siobhan said...

I think your cat is gorgeous. Definitely not obese. Just cuddly. What more could you want?

4:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a pint glass in front your cat? Maybe that's her problem? Beer goes straight to my belly anyway.

9:27 am  
Anonymous Keris said...

Sainsbury's does short-arse trousers? Why didn't I know about this? Although I suspect you're not quite as short as me. I'm 4'11" - technically a pixie. But thanks! I'll check it out.

(I used that hemming glue on a pair of maternity trousers that cost £70. The glue came right through leaving a white ring on my black pants which I then had to "colour in" with marker pen. It was all v sad.)

5:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home