Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Vague Day...











My breakfast! Aha. Managed to post it. Strawberries, plums, Greek yoghurt, Dorset Cereals Muesli.

I am having one of those mornings where I don't feel terribly like doing anything. I can't decide whether this is a feeling that should be embraced as one of the joys of being freelance and I am therefore allowed to lie on my bed reading magazines or eating cherries OR whether I should fight the sin of sloth with all my being in case it becomes a terrible habit.

So far today I have pondered whether to try taking vitamins again (the purple horse pill one that promises glossy hair, and incredibly long and strong nails like an Indian yoga guru actually made me vomit yesterday - or maybe it was the two-day old barbecue food I had on Sunday - either way I felt horrible all day); tried yet again to upload photos to blogger and failed (aha! it just worked when I tried again! an achievement!); entered all sorts of ludicrous freebie competitions which may bring me free samples of plasters and dishwasher tablets...and pondered my productivity or lack of it.

On the upside, I did earn some proper money yesterday so maybe it's OK to have an off day. And I think this is the calm before the storm as I have a big project due to be sorted later this week.

Lovely Link of the Day:
Another good course site, this time for Script Factory - this course on Conflict looks particularly interesting. I tend to think that screen-writing courses are much more structured and theory based than fiction ones, and that even if you don't want to write a Hollywood movie, you can learn a lot from trying a new approach.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Julia said...

"I can't decide whether this is a feeling that should be embraced as one of the joys of being freelance and I am therefore allowed to lie on my bed reading magazines or eating cherries OR whether I should fight the sin of sloth with all my being in case it becomes a terrible habit."

This is very familiar. If you find the solution do please let me know.

3:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home