Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The judges are conferring...

The title competition is now closed: thanks to everyone for the suggestions, which I'm collating and sending off to the Powers That Be. I have some favourites there, plus a few of my own, and I expect to know for certain what the title will be in the next week or two...watch this space.

Not much cooking done over the last few days, except for stuffing a round yellow courgette or two (with feta, red onions, basil, wrapped in foil then barbecued in the coals for about 25 minutes) and some more aubergine dip/baba ghanoush: have worked out it's the tahini (sesame seed paste) that gives it that yummy thickness and taste.

I did have plans for a strawberry and peach cake but as it's now thundery, rainy and plain cold outside, it feels more like gingerbread weather.

I've had a fun bank holiday: some painting (of walls), drinking, eating out. Also went to the Tate Modern and the Tate Britain - I am a Philistine, as I've said before, as the modern stuff does not do it for me at all, but I love the Tate Modern building.

Lovely Link of the Day:
Thanks to the wonder of Flash, You too can experience the rather baffling Pierre Huyghe exhibition we saw at the Tate Modern: I did like it, but I haven't a clue what it was all about. Mind you, I expect he'd say the same about chick lit...

4 Comments:

Blogger Morning-Loves-It said...

My daughter (also an OU student) and I were doing book swaps - I was swapping my airport reading of Kathy Reichs, Ruth Rendell and Patricia Cornwell and she handed over two of your books saying 'I don't know whether you'll like them Mum but they're great!'

I sent her straight to your Blog and she was delighted to find it and also learn that you are an OU tutor too.

I like it when coincidences like that happen ;-)

7:39 am  
Blogger Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Hmm... I'm with you on the modern art stuff. I want to 'get' it but it goes right over my head!

5:31 pm  
Anonymous Chandra (the one with the pink hair LOL) said...

Wot, no pickled sharks for you then?! :o)

Really enjoyed the time you gave us fledgling writers at the Hospital on Monday evening, you were very generous with your time and energy - and, I LOVED The Starter Marriage - thanks so much for that!

I'm definitely on track to chase your other stuff down now, even though my taste normally runs more to thrillers, I loved the insights in that book from the characters (and found some of them very helpful actually!) so, you've broadened my horizons....

Oops wandered off topic there, anyway just wanted to say "hi!" and thanks, and hope to check out your new book the minute it's out there!

6:33 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks Chandra, I really enjoyed coming along - and I'm so pleased you enjoyed The Starter Marriage. And Mornev, that's a very cool story. I hope you did like them!

3:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home