Monday, August 07, 2006

Food and guilt

Splendid sunny weekend involving too much food and wine in the garden = feeling guilty about fat belly today. Not TOO guilty (there was a great piece in the Observer about women and guilt, so am trying not to feel guilty about feeling guilty) but I have been scoffing too much chocolate and bread etc lately, which is self-defeating as I feel so much healthier when I cut them out.

So today am going to try to go back onto an adapted version of the brilliant Lo-Carb Veggie Diet I did last year, which helped me lose about 1 1/2 stone (I reckon I have put 1/2 stone back on but it didn't suit me being very slim). Today's breakfast was Greek Yoghurt with toasted almonds and 4 raspberries. It's the raspberries that are NAUGHTY on this diet but yoghurt on its own is pretty yukky.

No more coffee, either. I need to find lots of activities to do to fill the inevitable thoughts that will assail me, whispering HobNobs and Soda Bread.

I will try not to become a diet bore, though.

Lovely Link of the Day:
This looks like a good site if you're a writer in the South of England. Other interesting stuff there even if you're not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home