Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Melting...

Word Count: 110,537

And the heatwave continues. I do love heat but not so much when I have work to do. I got up early this morning, started work at 7am on the edits, in the hope that I could relax in the afternoon, but then I got into it and have been working non-stop except for quick lunch, till 6pm.

Thank goodness boyf is home soon or could easily do 24 hours, which would probably mean the writing would suffer. The heat is slowing me down, but I am enjoying unpicking and re-stitching the story even so...

Today I reheated yesterday's mushroom curry and I'm afraid it wasn't as good. The cardamom was more overpowering and, as there wasn't much of a sauce, the flavour hadn't developed much. So I added lots of Tracklements Mango Chutney which is a bit common of me, but nice all the same...

As an afternoon snack I had a little piece of Wensleydale, with an organic pear. Very summery and refreshing...

Lovely Link of the Day:
Last weekend's Sound Advice on Radio 4 was all about writing a novel, with guest authors Jake Arnott and Marina Lewycka, plus editor Alan Samson - and you can listen again! Excellent introduction that demonstrates, yet again, that there's no Right Way to Write a Book - though there is a right way to increase your likelihood of getting published, i.e. write something out of love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Lisa said...

roating horrible and hot here, too, blast it1

9:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home