Monday, July 31, 2006

Busy again











Vegetables about to meet their maker on the BBQ

Sorry not to have been here much. Still haven’t learned how to edit my lovely foody photos BUT I did spend two days at the end of the week learning Final Cut Pro, a video editing package.

I should really have done this training while I was still at the BBC but it’s weird, I never felt I had the time. I’ve sat in edit suites next to editors for MANY years but the technology had passed me by, and it was terrific fun to get my hands on it at last. Seriously good. What was strange was that the other students were all heavily involved in media already: ex BBC, Thames TV, Sky and also people who make their own short films. Maybe it’s because it was at Richmond College, bit of a haunt for media types, this area.

Also a haunt for excellent purveyors of naughty foods and drinks, including fab sushi at Source (a gorgeous food shop), and great creamy iced coffee at Costa. I swear I don’t get paid for this but I do like to give credit when due etc. Then me and boyf have been planning what we do next of the millions of jobs to be done around the house, and had a lovely BBQ with my two fabbest mates last night, rather drunken but very groovy.

On the food front, I prepared FAR too many veggies, and most of the red onions and yummy halloumi fell through the grate in the BBQ. Sweetcorn worked but is DISGUSTING next day. But I had real success with brown sugar meringues, which looked GORGEOUS, and tasted even better, served with raspberries, strawberries, cherries and fresh cream.

The week ahead includes some work back at the Beeb, doing stuff I didn’t do before, which should be interesting. Battling the annoying council tax people. Finishing off address changes. Trying to keep the Monbretia alive. Trying to pretend I don’t mind that it’ll be another two weeks before I have a hope of hearing from my editor. Taking MORE stuff to the charity shop. Trying to work out which of the many hairdressers in my new area to frequent with my long, rather frazzled locks.

And, of course, planning new books and trying to get some paid work.

Lovely link of the day:
In a flyer with my copy of Mslexia, there was information about www.literaturetraining.com which is worth a look. I am a bit of a course junkie – I love learning, even though I have rather a short attention span – so will be looking at it properly later on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Thanks for the great links!

8:57 pm  
Blogger Beth said...

Just wanted to let you know that I've subscribed to Mslexia and I love it! Thanks for the great tip.

1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home