Friday, May 26, 2006

Rain, rain go away...

Word count: 76,630
Essays unmarked: 0.5

I am officially quite weary today. I don’t know whether it’s my age (possible), the weather (probable) or the fact that I get up these days at 6am when I used to always laze in bed till 8am (almost certainly this) but by the end of each week I do tend to feel – and look – shattered. I also slept in a bit which didn’t help.

Good news was that my lost lens popped out while I was at the wine bar with a friend on Wednesday night – so it had been lodging in my eye for the best part of four days. Other good news – some lovely comments and emails about the new book, including a place in the Heat magazine chart, which has given my amazon rating a nudge up in the hundreds.

Bad news is the speed – or lack of speed – of the latest house purchase attempt. Oh and the fact that I can’t seem to stop eating, due to the cold and the stress. I dream of a time free from estate agents’ blather and lawyers’ refusal to commit themselves either way. It will happen, won’t it?

Lovely Link of the Day:
Laurie Graham is a favourite writer of mine and I really enjoyed her rather swanky site, especially reading about the ideas behind some of her books (she seems to use real lives as a springboard to fiction). As well as envying her Venice lifestyle…

2 Comments:

Blogger diane s said...

yes, IT WILL HAPPEN! :)
keep believing!!

thank you for this link- I just love Laurie Graham's work- especially Future Homemakers & Dog Days, Glen Miler Nights. :)

can't wait for the Wallis Simpson one in paperback!

D xx

12:16 pm  
Blogger Morning-Loves-It said...

Loved the website and Laurie Graham's entertaining blog. Seems like its photos that inspire her writings.

12:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home