Sunday, April 09, 2006

Back

Word count: 52,194

Yep, I'm back, and back to chirpiness. Another day, another house. That must be 180 or more I've viewed now. Three more this week: one nice but bit over-priced, one not over-priced but not that nice, and one neither nice nor reasonable. Haven't felt inclined to offer on any of them...

I went to Middlesex University on Tuesday to give my talk on Finding Your Author USP and also to take part in a discussion on being a woman writer. Gorgeous campus (I've never seen so many daffodils) and brilliant people. I love talking about writing with fellow enthusiasts.

The cat is in the grip of a high-furball-production phase, with predictably icky consequences. And I am being fairly productive on the writing front, must be not far off halfway now. Well, the truth is I don't quite know.

On Friday I had my picture taken for a feature in eve Magazine (the lower case is deliberate). I had to sit on top of the balcony edge at the boyf's pad, and look dreamily into the distance. Of 104 photos, maybe 15 were OK but the marvellous photographer managed to get the right angle so that I looked at least 10 lbs lighter. Superhero...

I've also spent the week running my online tutorial on the Open University writing course, A215. We're still all getting accustomed to working that way - it's harder than face to face and certainly more time-consuming. I also spoke today to one of the students and really felt I was able to help, which was satisfying.

I might even be allowed to relax now!

Lovely Link of the Day:
I haven't registered for Critique Circle but these tools look rather good: knowing me, Hangman would be the one I'd use the most, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kim said...

104 photos...wow...but if it made me look lighter, I would have sat happily for them!

1:49 am  
Blogger MuseinMeltdown said...

I loved the site of the day and I must confess to using the procrastination tool... thank you for the recommendation.

Best wishes Shani

3:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home