Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Daffs and drafts

Word Count: 46,068

So now I have my plot all ready to go, it should all write itself, eh? Yes, and no. New stuff always comes in, for example, a four-foot plush velvet goldfish has made an unexpected appearance and is going to have a starring role. It’s the first time I have used a cuddly toy in one of my novels and I feel it’s a significant turning point…

Maybe it’s the extra hour of sunlight that’s making me a bit odd. Funny how changing clocks by just one hour messed with my sleep, though, perhaps it’s age (or it might be the fact that I am still getting up at 6.30am for the early morning commute). Spring is definitely here: don’t think I have ever seen so many daffodils. Fab.

Not much else happening, the Day Job and the Night Job (a.k.a. all writing related things) are dominating life at the moment. No house news either. Yawn.

Lovely Link of the Day:
I could pretend this is about writing, or set an exercise around writing from someone else’s POV to tie in with it, but actually I am linking to this fake letter from Britney (from those wonderful people at Go Fug Yourself) simply because it made me splutter coffee all over my screen. The salad line is the one responsible for my coffee explosion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home