Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Adventure

Word count: 41,611

I'm still enjoying writing, though it does strike me that I am slower with this one with previous ones: that's the actual churning it out, words-per-hour rate. And I wonder if that's due to spending more time thinking about sentences/character progression before actually typing OR whether it's old-fashioned procrastination?

Certainly, I feel as if my writing is more economical, a little less overblown, in this one. Could be wrong, of course. Frequently am!

Not much other news. House situation is very static at the moment as I am waiting for news so I feel rather nervous. I watched Whistleblower on BBC1 on Monday, about tactics used by some unscrupulous agents and it just made me feel even less confident about EVER being able to pull off this whole purchasing thing.

Even the final episode of the Crown Chronicles is on hold because the dentist hadn't got my shiny new tooth back in time to cement it into place.

And I also did one of those quizzes and discovered:


You Should Be a Film Writer

You don't just create compelling stories, you see them as clearly as a movie in your mind.
You have a knack for details and dialogue. You can really make a character come to life.
Chances are, you enjoy creating all types of stories. The joy is in the storytelling.
And nothing would please you more than millions of people seeing your story on the big screen!

Try it here (the HTML on this has been driving me crazy so it may not work)

Ah…so that's where I've been going wrong!

Lovely Link of the Day:
I've really been enjoying enjoying Agent Obscura's 'Choose your Own Adventure' postings where she shows you 'nearly real' query letters and you get to role play agent: reject or ask for sample chapters. Scroll down to view in date order, so you can decide before seeing what AO would do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Morning-Loves-It said...

Ha! I did the 'What Sort of Writer.....' and it told me I should be a comedy writer. Not quite what I had in mind. Then I tried to copy and paste the HTML into a new Blog message and it went all wrong. Telling me the 'a' and '<' and \/ were in the wrong place! What are they talking about?

Hard to believe I studied and passed two OU Technology courses? But I loathed HTML - like I don't like maths either.

11:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home