Thursday, February 16, 2006

Those pesky goalposts can't keep still!

Word Count: 37,613 (back at work so it's slowed right down)

I've been feeling in an odd mood this week. Going back to the 9-5 (or, commute included, more like the 8-7) has been a bit depressing and I'm frustrated that I haven't been able to get more done in the evenings on the book. But then I've also been running the first online tutorial for the writing course, so am spending a lot of time thinking about that. Plus socially it's busy: quality time on Valentine's night, a wine tasting last night (tried 32 different ones, and I have this embarrassment factor when it comes to spitting it out, so the rest of the evening was a write-off) and tonight there's my publisher's party, which is always worth going to.

Continued uncertainty on the house front too, which I will explain more about soon. But generally the goal posts keep on moving in my life, just when I thought they'd decided to stay put for a while. Oh and boyf is getting quite bad cat allergy symptoms again, which is stressful for both of us. Well, the cat too I suspect.

I plan a chilled out weekend combined with some writing - but only at very regimented times, so that I have time to relax properly.

Lovely Link of the Day:
There's lots of great writing advice here from novelist Caro Clarke - definitely one to bookmark.

6 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

When you write that you "have this embarrassment factor when it comes to spitting it out, so the rest of the evening was a write-off)" - I assume you're unable to just taste the wine without swallowing it ....

I've never been to a wine tasting but I think I would have the same sort of trouble.

7:03 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

I'm with you on the wine-tasting.
If you were meant to gargle it would have been a Listerine tasting.

Enjoy the writing tips. Keep ploughing that furrow missus. I'm well impressed, you weren't a plate spinner in a past life by any chance?

10:38 pm  
Blogger apprentice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:43 pm  
Blogger Morning-Loves-It said...

Thanks for the excellent writing tips website. Bookmarked.

7:48 am  
Blogger Kate said...

Walker, it's a nice trouble to have though.

Plate spinning, wine tasting, that's me!

Glad you like the links, apprentice and Morning-Loves-It. I'll keep 'em coming...

Kate xx

8:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I did a search on “Work at Home” and your site came up. I’m trying to find something I can do part-time at home. Unfortunately, it’s not really what I’m looking for. But it is a pretty cool site nonetheless. Nice Job!

I just came from another nice website for Work At Home at http://moneyemployment.worldwidereviews.com/WorkFromHomeReviews.htm.

Check it out if you have time. Thanks anyway .. and take care!

3:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home