Thursday, February 09, 2006

Slacker... NOT!

Word Count: 35,378

Now I know that looks a bit feeble after the totting up of the last couple of days but I did spend most of the morning on Open University stuff and also putting together, at last, the newsletter for the Between the Lines Club (my free club for writers and readers of popular fiction) - irritatingly, after spending HOURS copy-editing and sorting the layout and so on, I managed to put Feburary in the subject line, so that all the people I've sent it to will think I am a right wally.

Ah well, no sense crying over misspelled emails. It's been a gorgeous sunny day, though cold. I am off out shortly, the long journey into central London, which is still taking some getting used to. A night out requires much more planning than before.

Still hoping I might make 40,000 by the end of Sunday, though after last weekend's discussions perhaps I would be better off ignoring my obsession with numbers and actually doing normal weekend stuff, especially as most of Saturday will be taken up with the teaching.

Lovely Link of the Day:
I really think this book, Look the World in the Eye, looks fantastic - am going to see if I can buy it in Waterloo station tonight. And the author, Alice Peterson, has had such an interesting life as well, coping with a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis aged 18, and going on to write her autobiography and now this first novel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shirl said...

Nice to find your blog Kate - via your newsletter today. Thanks. Have ordered the new book - you didn't make me do it. I thoroughly enjoyed The Starter Marriage and the next one sounds very interesting and entertaining.
Take care, best wishes and all that!

10:05 pm  
Blogger Shirl said...

Look the World in the Eye is a great read Kate - thanks for the tip!

7:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home