Thursday, February 23, 2006

I’ll be back – after this short break

Word count: 38,231
Work is getting a touch overwhelming – not just the book but also some magazine commissions, which I am pleased about but are on a deadline. So I am going to take a mini-break from blogging till I’ve finished them, probably early next week.

But please don’t desert me for some fly-by-night blogger: I will be back with more tales from the Z-list end of authorship very soon.

Lovely Link of the Day

In the meantime, via the ever-wonderful Ms Snark, I suggest you go to this wonderful essay/speech on the subject of authenticity and voice in writing. It’s fascinating stuff and strikingly different from the normal ‘how to get published’ advice.

4 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

I'm impressed you can tear yourself away from blogging.

I have to check morning and evening otherwise my day is not complete.

7:46 pm  
Blogger MarkFarley said...

Don't leave us too long, oh wise one!

1:52 am  
Blogger MarkFarley said...

How many words are you aiming for, Kate?

11:38 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Hello there,
Mark, I'm aiming at about 120,000 words which is what my books seem to come out at. Well, first was 101,000; second was 120,000 and third 133,000. So maybe 120,000 is overly optimistic!

Kate x

10:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home