Monday, February 20, 2006

Cold Snap

Word count: the same

I've got a cold. I decided to try again with First Defence, this nasal spray that appears to be a high tech way of banishing a cold if you spot it early enough: then I researched it and it seems that all it does is wash away the bugs in the back of your nose by making your nostrils stream. Or maybe it's a bit more sophisticated than that...

Certainly, this hasn't been one of those knock-out colds but who knows whether that's because of the spray or the bug, but it's moved a lot faster than usual, from the tickly phase to the underwater-gold-fish-bowl-on-the-head effect, in three days. So on balance I'd probably use it again.

Meanwhile, discovered this weekend while house-hunting for the boyf, that doubling your budget (he's done rather better out of the property market than me in the past) doesn't necessarily make the houses any less scuzzy/dirty/badly decorated. They're just bigger.

As a result of the cold and house-hunting , and also because I have been monitoring the tutor group on my Open University course, I've got nowhere on writing this weekend. But this week will be quieter.

Lovely Link of the Day:
These guys have been hoping for a house price crash for ages. Hmm. Judging from what I see on the streets of London, it ain't happened yet. Still, it makes interesting reading.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate.Kingsley said...

Hi, great site, just found (following the recommendation in Mslexia) & I look forward to buryign myself in the archives.

I note you are tutoring an OU course ~ which one? I completed A174 last year, really enjoyed it, and am signed up for A215 next year, which i am very excited about.

1:52 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Hi Kate
Welcome to my little home on the web... yes, I am tutoring A215 this year. So far it seems a great course, though everyone's still settling in as it's brand new, but lots of excellent materials.

Are you doing a course this year then? I graduated from the OU in 2002.

Kate x

7:52 pm  
Blogger Kate.Kingsley said...

Hi again,

(I have noticed your post regarding taking a break from blogging, so I'll not take up too much of your time!) ~ I am currently in the last year (dd303 ~ cognitive psychology) of a psychology degree with the OU, which is why I wasn't able to do a writing course with them this year. You might be heartened to know that A215 isn't the only course with IT issues: this is the second presentation of DD303 which is heavily computer based, and the problems are myriad!

I have also purchased Starter Marraiage & Ols School Ties today, and look forward to receiving and reading them.

(I am aware that I am starting to sound like a stalker, soo I'll leave you in peace now!)

Best wishes
Kate

5:05 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Kate,
No-one who reads (and buys!) my books counts as a stalker in my book. Hope you enjoy them - and the course - am about to embark on the first marking of TMA 01 which will be very interesting indeed!

I was always a bit tempted by the psychology courses and, as tutors, we get a discount, so I might sign up in future!

Kate x

11:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home