Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy Blog-day to Me

Word Count: 20,440

You see, I even work on my birthday. Quite a busy domestic morning, so that I can have an indulgent afternoon. Washing, colouring hair (so glam, but feels like the right thing to do on a birthday, holding back the years and all that), checking into my Open University online area as that has opened for business today and I keep looking to see whether all 22 of my students can access it.

Scaredycat is going OK: I am enjoying the way the characters are growing and developing their own voices, and I can picture them far more clearly now. Not long before I can send some to my agent for an independent viewpoint.

So later I plan a little light shopping (those Arctic Monkeys will be MINE oh mine) and lunch with my friend J, and then dinner locally tonight with boyf. But the main self-indulgence is over the weekend as we are off to ludicrously expensive posh hotel, which has reduced rates thank God at this time of year. Bring it on...

Lovely Link of the Day:
Other important things that happened on January 26.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Siobhan said...

Happy Birthday!

10:09 pm  
Anonymous Kate Hardy said...

Happy belated birthday, Kate! Hope you had a fab time at the posh hotel.

Another scary moment here - didn't realise you were a fellow Aquarian too. (What was it we were saying last year...?? Too many similarities, except you're slightly younger, much thinner, and MUCH more glam! ;) )

2:11 pm  
Blogger diane s said...

happy belated birthday from another Aquarian!(Jan 27th)

hope you had a great weekend! :)

6:44 pm  
Blogger MarkFarley said...

Happy Birthday Kate. xx

2:30 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks guys... Aquarians are the best!

And, Kate, I don't think glam is how I would describe myself at the moment. Feeling a bit old! Plus, I have been following your diet - maybe we'll be Water-Carrier twins by the next conference?

8:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home