Monday, August 08, 2005

Good things, bad things

Word Count: Big fat zero. Marvellous...

Good things about today:
  • Discovered Sainsbury's Sea Salt, lemon and coriander luxury nut collection. More addictive than crack (though, to be fair, I haven't done a scientific trial comparing the two). Therefore, possibly not entirely a good thing. But more nutritious than crisps, eh?
  • Nice emails from both my editor in the UK and in the US.
  • Because I was getting my car serviced (see bad things), I got to walk through the park to work. The parks are THE best thing about London. Even the one I walked through, a diddy little one compared to Hyde Park, or Holland Park. Really put extra-springy spring in my step.
  • Have nearly finished the radio play.

Bad things about today:

  • Having my car (Ka) serviced cost me £135. Now actually that's probably a bargain, esp in London - the mechanic is a really wry bloke who takes everything in his stride - including the fact that his garage was shut for four days due to the bombing attempt, as his workshop is directly opposite where the bomb would have gone off.
  • I still have a to do list as long as my arm including such gems as: decide where to live, decide whether to volunteer for redundancy or wait for them to decide it for me, call in the gas meter reading which I know will mean a massive bill (as they've been undercharging me for years because no-one can be bothered to come and read the meter), do more tedious paperwork about selling the house.

Overall, a surplus of goodness today. Hoorah.

Lovely link of the day:

Now this might seem a cheat but after posting the info about Jenny Crusie's blog yesterday, I checked out her main website, and it's amazing. A brilliant resource. My favourite part is where she talks about making collages to inspire her novels. I am now itching to get my hands on scissors and glue... though mine would look truly amateur compared to her creations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home