Saturday, August 27, 2005

End of the honeymoon...

Word Count (Book 4): 0

OK, the lovely lightness of my Vaio is a given. And the fact the fan doesn't make a noise like a tractor. But the way the wireless keeps dropping out for no apparent reason is irritating. As is the way that the software on it - Outlook versus Norton Antivirus - means that 2 out of 3 times, Outlook crashes after an annoying message about 'a program trying to access my address book' or some such. It is true what they say about Microsoft: we wouldn't put up with this level of inefficiency from any other product...

Oh, the joys of changing computer.

On the plus side - it's a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK. I plan to view some more houses, spend quality time with cat and boyf, do my accounts AND work on my TV script. This is really exciting - I am doing some work with a documentary team in my department on a drama-doc, which is a first for me. I've been writing a draft script for the last few days and it's very challenging but also fascinating - trying to turn a truly dramatic storyline into something compelling but not sensationalist, using a variety of news and court sources. It's also a complete change from novel-writing. I'd love to do more of it - though for now I am just hoping I am getting it right...

A writer's work is never done.

Lovely Link of the Day:
I've been scouring my bookshelves for scripts to read, to give me a sense of how TV drama works at its best. My favourite has to be the scripts for Queer as Folk, written by the supremely talented Russell T. Davies, who is also responsible for the revival of Doctor Who. The scripts are a wonderful real in themselves: very funny and wry, you get such a sense not only of the drama but also of the mind of the writer...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Okay. I think... No, no. I'm sure of it. Yes, yes. *That* was a double post.

9:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home