Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Bored...

Word count: 133,177

I am a bit bored tonight. I'm getting there with the book revisions, but wish I had finished it. Bored with people viewing my flat and not making offers (it's only been on the market a few months but I have a very low patience level)... might take it off the market if no offers within the next month. Bit bored being back at work...

It's partly because I haven't had a proper day off in ages. Even on holiday, I was working on the book. The same all weekend, really. And I feel like I always have more things on my 'to do' list and never quite shift it all.

So, with a totally skewed logic, I've decided to enter a competition at work for new radio/TV writers. OK, I'm not a new writer overall but I am very new to drama and I have no idea if it'll be any good. I have an interesting idea, but I wonder if it might be a bit mawkish. And although it feels like extra pressure I am imposing on myself, it's nice to think of something that ISN'T a novel. We'll see.

Lovely Link of the Day:

You can't beat Rate My Kitten when you're feeling glum. I couldn't bear to put my cat up there though. Imagine the hurt if people thought she was minging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home