Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Tag

Word count: dunno today

I still haven't done any work on the book for ages but I need to start editing soon to get it into shape.

Feeling odd at the moment: on the cusp of all sorts of changes in my life. Maybe moving house, maybe moving jobs or making a go of being a writer full-time, then that strange unsettled feeling before going on holiday. Yesterday was my last day on the magazine - they gave me a really sweet send off, considering I was only there for 3 months. I hope I can work with them again. Then back to work at the BBC, which itself is in the middle of all sorts of turmoil. I've also made a decision about my writing, which I don't want to blog, but also creates mixed feelings...

But I am excited about the future so will stop being such a misery. I've also been tagged for the first time by Kate Allan...

Total number of books I own: maybe 600 (would be many more but I keep pruning)

Last book I bought: Low-carb Vegetarian Cooking by Celia Brooks Brown. This low-carb eating has really worked for me, but by being veggie, it's less unhealthy too!

Last book I read: a proof of the Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne, a debut author. Really witty and light, great beach read.

5 books which mean a lot to me:
This needs some proper thought and I will have to come back to it. Varies day by day!!!

I will tag the Fessing Author, Amanda Mann. I don't quite know if that's the way I'm meant to do it, actually. That's how green I am.

Oh and talking of green, my crocus.co.uk flowers still aren't here. Hmmm. And you can't seem to ring their customer services helpline as it defaults to a call centre. Not good.

Lovely Link of the Day:
As I'm in a rushy, have you joined my Between the Lines club for writers and readers of commercial fiction? I've just set it up and sent out the first newsletter last night, have had some very positive comments already. No ads, no spam, just free advice, interviews (this month with Louise Voss) and reviews...