Thursday, May 12, 2005

In glorious Technicolor

Word count: still O but soon I'll be doing rewrites

Another week gone by and I am in spring-cleaning, redecorating mode. I'm looking at maybe moving house so have gone into tidying mode. All the niggly things that you don't notice when you're used to a home, but see very clearly through a buyer's eyes... tiny jobs, really, but they all stack up. So this weekend will be a frenzy of DIYing.

Am also going to sort out the garden properly, though I need some stuff delivered and have no idea when it will get there. I have high hopes for Crocus, which has a gorgeous selection of plants and products, but let's see... they're meant to deliver lots of plum slate chippings and also some 'carpet stones.' Am a bit suspicious of mail order, so fingers crossed.

My Meet the Author interview went up online this week and I barely look hungover at all! What do you think? There's one for my first novel, Old School Ties as well - it's a bit more off the cuff as I wasn't expecting to do it, so less word perfect! I also had a great review on a whole group of linked newspaper sites, one on the Good Book Guide, and even a positive one from Kirkus Reviews, the notoriously picky American publication. I'm realistic about publication in the USA: I really am the smallest minnow in that enormous and enormously talented pond, but it would be lovely if I can sell a few copies.

I'm also putting the final touches to my newsletter which will feature news, reviews and other information... sign up for it here.

Lovely link of the day:

Keris left a little message for me and I had a look at her blog: it's excellent, and multi-faceted. Puts me and my 'twice weekly if lucky' blog to shame. Must try harder!

Bye for now
Kate xx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is your house? Do you live right in London? I am a total Anglophile and will look for your book when it hits the States.

Peg

2:45 pm  
Anonymous Keris Stainton said...

Ah, thanks for linking to me, Kate.

Bought The Starter Marriage last week - really looking forward to reading it.

Oh, also got the first issue of the Between the Lines newsletter. It was excellent. Thanks for setting it up. As soon as I get my ducks lined up (whatever that means) I'll link to it on my site.

1:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home