Monday, April 18, 2005

Minus three: the first sighting

Word count: 124,201

I saw it! Well, them! In Books Etc, Hammersmith... the magazine has just moved offices and I wanted to go to Tesco to buy more low-carb ingredients (God, it was Hell in Tesco - Monday night panic buying or something?) so I passed the shop and there it was. Two of them face out on the shelf, not totally at eye level but a good shelf all the same.

A few minutes later, I had a phone call on my mobile from Mark, who I used to work with at the BBC and is one of those rare people with a brain the size of a planet but without the ego to match! He'd just bought a copy! Hurrah for Mark! It made my day...

Apart from that, am having collywobbles (I love that word) about the WIP as I really hoped it would be finished by now. But I keep realising there's more I need to do. An author's work really is NEVER done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate Allan said...

So exciting! I really enjoyed the excerpt on your website and have ordered from amazon.

11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home