Friday, March 11, 2005

The sun has got his hat on...

Word count: don't ask!

Finally there's been some sunshine this week, which makes a big difference to my mood. The weather generally is milder so I can actually wear skirts, which suit my thunder thighs better than trousers. I feel like eating less (though in magazine land we have just had a delivery of Krispy Kreme donuts. I did have half a small one!). The first daffs are appearing in the pots I planted before Christmas...

Progress on the edits is slow but sure. I've read about four-fifths of it, scrawling all over the manuscript with questions and notes and stuff I hate or ideas that occur to me as I go along. Next stage will be to edit the 'interludes' I've been writing which I am worried are a distraction from the 'main event' of the central character's story... I really don't want to lose those stories as I have really worked hard to design four sub-plots that support and work with the central storyline BUT I may have to be ruthless.

Otherwise have been feeling a bit 'buggy' this week - sore throat etc - but have managed two fairly sedate evenings out with a couple of lovely friends, plus lots of reading. Am currently reading The Promise of Happiness by Justin Cartwright for the magazine, which is different from the books I'd normally choose, but enjoyable...

Lovely Link of the Day:

This is excellent - what most authors won't tell you. Extremely wry and funny... Confessions of an Author...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home